IFMA has announced its Silver Plate winners of the 65th annual Gold and Silver Plate awards which will take place on Saturday, May 8 2019.
There are nine categories of Silver Plate winners which were unveiled at the IFMA Chain Operators EXchange (COEX) in New Orleans.
Winners are nominated by IFMA members and industry leaders and are then selected by a jury including national trade press, foodservice experts and past Gold and Silver Plate award winners.
Larry Oberkfell, president and CEO at IFMA, said: “For 65 years the IFMA Gold & Silver Plate Awards have honored the giants in our industry.
“The 2019 winners join an honor roll of individuals that demonstrate true excellence in their respective categories.”
See below for 2019’s Silver Plate winners
- Independent restaurants/multi-concept – Sam Facchini & John Arena, Metro Pizza
- Chain full service – Beverly Lynch, Golden Corral
Limited Service-Peter Cancro, Jersey Mike’s Franchise Systems, Inc.
- Health care – Bill Marks, Hennepin Health
- Elementary and secondary schools – Rodney Taylor, Fairfax County Public Schools
- Colleges and universities – Randy Montgomery Lait, North Carolina State University
- Business and industry/foodservice management – Lorna Donatone, Sodexo
- Retail and
specialty– RegynaldG. Washington, Hojeij Branded Foods
- Hotels and lodging – Don Falgoust, RLJ Lodging Trust
The annual celebration will also honor several other individuals and organizations through the National Restaurant Association “Legends” Award, the Specialty Food Association “sofi” Awards and the Women’s Foodservice Forum (WFF) “Women in Manufacturing” Award.
The awards will take place during National Restaurant Association Show Week at the new Marriott Marquis, Chicago at McCormick Place.