close

Cancellation of NAFEM “prioritizes integrity” of the show

nafem

Story continues below
Advertisement

The North American Association of Food Equipment Manufacturers said that cancelling this year’s show at short notice due to Covid-19 would preserve the integrity of the event.

NAFEM was set to take place at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida on 26-28 August.

But organisers made the call last week to abandon plans for the show due to rising hospitalizations and concerns about the pandemic in Florida.

In a statement, NAFEM’s board of directors said it had made the difficult decision to cancel the three-day event in response to “rapidly changing circumstances caused by the pandemic”.

The focus will now be on organizing the 2023 edition of the show, which will mark a four-year break in the exhibition taking place by the time it comes around.

Rob Connelly, CFSP, NAFEM President, Henny Penny Corporation, stated: “This is a disappointing decision, but one that prioritizes the integrity of The NAFEM Show experience. We appreciate everyone’s support and look forward to being
together again Feb 1-3, 2023 in Orlando.”

Tags : exhibitionsNAFEM
Andrew Seymour

The author Andrew Seymour

Leave a Response